Friday, April 16, 2021

Where Have I Been?

 Hello World

I have been missing in action for the past few months but I swear it hasn't been intentional. A
a lot happened really rapidly and it caused me to have to take an unexpected hiatus. The most time-consuming change is that I moved. Where I have moved too has opened the ability to start gardening, albeit only in pots, but it's a start. As well as now I can be more adventurous with my cooking, since most of the people here have a broader pallet, the major change in my menu is that is I now do meatless Mondays, and I now have a menu. There is an even bigger change that happened recently and if you follow my Instagram you may already know about it. If not then you'll find out soon enough.

So, I moved from Washington to Florida, meaning I get to have a garden for a larger window of time. Instead of a small garden that will only last during the summer and fall, and will likely die during

(From left to right) Spearmint, Tomatoes, Geranium Ivy,
Chamomile, Cucumber, Jalapeno, Basil, French
Lavender, Parsley, Garden Sage, Oregano, Zinnia

winter, I can have a garden that may survive the winter with some extra care and attention. Currently, my garden consists of; garden sage, oregano, rosemary (was already here when I got here and needs to be cut back), chamomile, tomatoes, zinnias, geranium ivy, cucumbers, French lavender, jalapenos, parsley, basil, and spearmint. I also planted basil seeds (we use a lot of fresh basil), thyme seeds, tarragon seeds, forget-me-not seeds, marigold seeds, and dill seeds. I'm so excited to have so many different plants to look after. The fresh herbs are going to be great in my cooking, I can use the chamomile and lavender to make tea, and the flowers are going to be quite pretty as well. I've always wanted to garden just never could get myself to do it, but the change of scenery inspired me to get up and get going.

Another upside to moving is that I now live with people that have a much more daring pallet. A big way

We tore into it before I got a picture
this has affected me is that now we do meatless Mondays, which I am loving. I have been wanting to do meatless Mondays for a while now but the people I was living with couldn't have a meal without meat. This is ridiculous considering how many meals can be meatless without it changing much of the meal at all. It also forces me to branch out on what I'm willing to eat as well. After all, I don't want to eat the same thing over and over again. This past Monday we made an eggplant Hasselback recipe from Tasty that was amazing, but I do have some notes on it, which will be discussed in an upcoming blog post. I also have access to so many cookbooks which will give me so many more recipes to experiment with. Anytime I use a recipe from a cookbook I'll be sure to share which cookbook I got it from and the page it is on.

So the big news I mentioned over on the Facebook page this past Tuesday... I guess it's time to spill the beans. We are expecting baby number 2 in August of this year. I am so excited to have another little one, though I am also very anxious about having two under 2. I have no clue how I plan on juggling both, but with a supportive household and a loving fiancé, I'm sure it's going to be just fine. This little one was definitely unplanned but with the way Cora is with the other baby in the house (not mine but my roommates), I'm sure she is going to do great and be a great big sister. She already gives the other baby kisses all the time and tries to share her toys with her. I look forward to seeing Cora with the new baby. Of course, due to her age, she has no idea that we are going to have another baby, I've told her though I'm pretty sure she doesn't understand. When the new baby is born it's gonna be a big surprise for Cora.

If you want to stay updated with the blog and other happenings be sure to give me a follow one of my social media platforms listed below.

Instagram: @AWitchyMamasKitchen | Twitter: @AWitchyMama2020 
Facebook @AWitchyMamasKitchen | Pinterest: @AWitchyMama2020

Thank you so much for reading!!




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I’m praying for a smooth delivery and a healthy baby !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I hope you're feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations ! I love gardening and enjoyed reading about your interest in gardening. Have you heard about Rob GreenField ( https://www.robgreenfield.org) ? He started growing vegetables and fruits in his garden and his neighbors front yard and now grows all his produce all year long. He gives free gardening lessons in Florida. Check it out, he is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Love.the gardening. Wishing for a safe and healthy delivery!

    ReplyDelete