Saturday, November 7, 2020

Deep Fried Apple Rings

Hello World


Apples are a fruit that tends to be in our house, and
we often get multiple bags for free. So I end up with the task of figuring out what to do with them. Well, while I was thinking about what to do with one of our many bags I started pondering over different ways to cook things and I came to an idea; I can deep fry them. The deep fry batter is pretty much a basic batter with some cinnamon and allspice added. The apples' sweetness and the batter complement each other flawlessly, though a topping never hurt. I chose to top mine with powdered sugar but I imagine that chocolate syrup or caramel sauce would go really well with it; I just didn't have either on hand at the time.

Now, for my recipe I used red delicious apples,
because that's what I had on hand, but you could really use any type of apples you want. To remove the core of the apple I used a pumpkin carving tool and just poked it through to cut it out. It took a bit of time, but I didn't think to use my frosting tips until after I was done. If you make these make sure to share it on social media and tag me with what type of apples you used! 

Instagram: @AWitchyMamasKitchen | Twitter: @AWitchyMama2020 
Facebook @AWitchyMamasKitchen | Pinterest: @AWitchyMama2020

Deep-Fried Apple Rings



Ingredients:

  • 3 lbs apples (any kind will work, but I had red delicious on hand)
  • 3 cups pancake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoons allspice
  • Vegetable oil (for deep frying)

Instructions:

  1. In a mixing bowl combine the eggs and milk
  2. Add the pancake mix and mix well
  3. Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and allspice to the batter, stir it in, and then set aside
  4. Peel the apples and cut them into 1/4" slices
  5. Remove the cores of the apple slices to make them rings
  6. Warm the oil up to ~325 degrees Fahrenheit
  7. Dip an apple ring into the batter and let the excess drip off
  8. Place the battered apple ring into the oil
  9. Flip the rings after 30-45 seconds then remove after about the same time
  10. Place them on paper towels to let the oil drain off
  11. Top with what you wish

Enjoy!



Thank you so much for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely! Would love to veganise this recipe, looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look super yummy! I'm going to try and make them for my family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! how amazing do those look!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing! I love these kinds of desserts, and these are perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious. Can’t wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete