Saturday, November 14, 2020

Yummy Sloppy Joes

Hello world



I love sloppy joes. Always have since I was a kid. When we had it, which was probably once every few months or so, I was always super excited. Now that I'm an adult and I cook dinner I get to pick what we eat. Now sure, you can go buy some canned sloppy joes sauce if you want, but this is so much better. It tastes so much better. Now we never have to worry about having the cans, especially since the ingredients are stuff we already have at the house. If you've never really paid attention to the flavor profile of sloppy joes I won't be surprised. It's basically sweeter ketchup with some other seasonings added in. It definitely isn't the healthiest of meals, but it's a little healthier since it isn't out of a can, at least the whole sauce isn't.




The recipe is a simple one, and it's easy to take and add what you want. I add green peppers because while I'm not a fan of them, they work well here, and then it has a veggie in it, so you know, health. Of course, if you don't eat meat you could always replace the ground beef with any meat substitute you use. If you do make this at home make sure to share it and tag me!

Instagram: @AWitchyMamasKitchen | Twitter: @AWitchyMama2020 
Facebook @AWitchyMamasKitchen | Pinterest: @AWitchyMama2020



Sloppy Joe Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 8 oz tomato sauce
  • 3 tbsp minced garlic
  • 3/4 c ketchup
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp yellow mustard
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • Ground black pepper
  • Hamburger buns

Instructions:

  1. In a medium pan brown the ground beef. Once cooked drain the grease.
  2. Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, yellow mustard, and Worcestershire sauce to the meat, mixing well.
  3. Then add the minced garlic, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper to taste. Mix well and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. Serve on hamburger buns.

Enjoy!

Pin it!!

Thank you so much for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I have a recipe similar to this that has corn and green chiles in it. So good and super easy!

    ReplyDelete