Saturday, September 12, 2020

Baking Bread, First Teeth, and More!

Hello World

You would be amazed by how exciting and busy the life of a Stay-at-Home mom can be. If I'm not picking up toys, I'm sweeping up cheerios, or I'm baking up cookies that will last all of 5 seconds. So, when I say this week has been eventful what I really mean is; I made some bread, Cora now has 2 bottom front teeth and she did some extra funny and cute things.

My bread loaves rising in their pans
I have been baking bread more and more recently. I would much rather have homemade bread over store-bought any day so I was searching for a good recipe. The recipe I tend to use, and the one I will be talking about today, uses quick-rise yeast. I have used another recipe that calls for active dry yeast, but not this time. The bread isn't anything special and although it makes 2 nine-inch loaves, I only have six-inch pans, so I make 3 six-inch loaves instead. I use this bread for everything; sandwiches, toast, toad-in-a-hole, etc. Basically, if you would use sandwich bread I use this bread, and it tastes 10 x better. As I said I was searching for a recipe, so this is not my recipe, but one I found on Pinterest that I really like. I'm a Stay-at-Home mom, of course, Pinterest is my Bible. Here is the recipe. If you have any recipes to share, comment them down below so I can check them out. I'm still using recipes as I master the basics, so the more the merrier.

It's hard to believe that Cora is 6-almost-7 months old. It seems like only yesterday I was bringing this tiny human home that I now was in charge of. I mentioned in my previous post that she had two teeth cut at the bottom and that she had started eating teething wafers as well and she loves them. They have truly helped with bringing her teeth in. Plus they help with hand-eye coordination, she hasn't quite mastered the cheerio though. Her teeth are becoming much more prominent now so you can't miss them. Of course she bites at the worse times. I know she isn't trying to hurt me but OW! Especially on nights that her gums are really bothering her. I can definitely say that I thought she wouldn't start gaining teeth until she was 1 year old, but here we are, 6 months old and 2 teeth. She's also trying to crawl more and more. She just can't quite get her knees up under her body, but she has been doing a lot of tummy time and playing with toys on the floor.

As I mentioned above she is feeding herself teething wafers, but she hasn't mastered the cheerio. This is because she hasn't figured out how to pick things up yet with her index finger and thumb yet, which is fine. Everyday she is getting better and better. So to complete the week I put some mashed potatoes on her tray amd let her have at it, curious to see a) how much of it would make it to her mouth and b) what she would do in general. Well, she mainly smashed them with her hands on the tray and crushed handfuls. There was a second where she was trying to eat some, but she gave up and just started dropping it off the edge of her tray. She would also bend down and eat it just face directly to tray, it was hilarious. Overall she made a mess, but had a blast, and isn't that what life is really about?

A day in the life of me can be very messy, but I've never minded messy. I'll be back next week with another update!

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment